Thursday 17 March 2011

Eden Project - Outside sculptures

Last week-end, my wife and I visited the Eden Project in Cornwall (England). This is a unique botanical garden that was built ten years ago on the site of a  disused claymine. The domes are huge. If you visit the region, don't miss this garden.


The domes are climate controlled glass houses and host different ecosystems: rainforest, Mediterranean...

The gardens are dotted with sculptures and I really like the way they mixed art and plants.

I indicated the name of the artist when I could find it.

Horse made of driftwood by Heather Jansch










Industrial Flame Plant by David Kemp




A very big wasp... and my brave wife

WEEE Man

WEEE stands for Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment. The WEEE Directive obliges manufacturer to recycle a number of equipment like washing machines or computer. This gigantic sculpture is made of equipments that must be recycled.


There are more sculptures inside the domes, but this will be for another post.

No comments: