Shipping art is an area where I struggle, although I have managed to ship a few paintings (including some under glass). But if you want to expand and reach more collectors, you need to be able to ship your art.
Over the last few years, I kept as reference some good articles I found on the topic and want to share them with you. They range from general advice to specific packing methods for particular media (pastel,or coloured pencil).
- Artist question: packaging artwork by Tina Mammoser
- How to Pack Your Paintings for Shipping by the artist Lori McNee
- How to Safely and Securely Package Your Artwork for Shipping by Susan Holland – published by EmptyEasel
- How to ShipPaintings | A Step-by-Step Guide for Artists and Galleries by Jason Horejs (via the excellent Lines and colors blog)
- How to Prepare, Package, and Ship Your Colored Pencil Art by Carrie Lewis – published by EmptyEasel