Tuesday 7 June 2011

Travel to Brive-la-Gaillarde sketches

Last week-end, I went to Brive-la-Gaillarde in France for my niece's wedding. I managed to do a few sketches.

On my way to London. 

People who sleep are always good subjects... The initial drawing was done with  a fine Faber-Castell black pen. I added some grey shading with Faber-Castell grey brush pens. For the colour, I used a selection of Pentel ink pen brushes (see below). Moleskine sketchbooks won't take watercolour washes, but ink brushes work well on this paper. I still need to buy a yellow one.



A sketch done in 2 minutes at Collonges la Rouge - a beautiful medieval village

Breakfast at the Formule 1 hotel

1 comment:

Drupal Website Developers said...

There are some fascinating time limits on this article however I dont know if I see all of them heart to heart. There may be some validity but I’ll

take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we wish extra! Added to FeedBurner as nicely